Our 2015 comfortable walking shoes recommendations offer shoes that combine cutting edge style, maximum anatomic support, stability and supreme all-day comfort.
We want to ensure that you invest in the best shoes to prevent injury – shoes that keep you walking in optimal health and comfort. These shoes are ideal for athletic or casual walkers as well as active travelers. All walking shoes come in a variety of colors, sizes and widths to suit all foot types.
All shoes are available at the lowest guaranteed prices, with free shipping at our partner sites.
|Best Women’s Walking Shoes
Mephisto AllRounder Niro – Women’s
The perfect comfort travel shoe for that on-your-feet-all-day trip. A cute and comfortable Mary-Jane inspired sneaker with a suede and fabric upper. A removable anatomical footbed provides excellent support and tireless walking comfort. Shock absorbing system ensures protection for joints, vertebra and spine from everyday jolts and vibrations. Wind-and-waterproof breathable GORE-TEX lining ensures optimum foot hygiene. Rubber sole provides great traction. Available in a range of colors.
|Best Men’s Walking Shoes
ECCO Sport Biom Hybrid Walk – Men’s
Explore city streets or easy trails in this ultra comfort walking shoe from Ecco. This potent shoe has street-smart looks with breathable yak-leather uppers. Water-repellent to keep your feet dry. Available in several great color variations. This is our favorite men’s walking shoe for 2015.
Asics Gel Kayano 19 – Women’s
Asics offers the latest comfort design and features in this women’s-specific walking/running shoe with enhanced fit. Two layers of memory foam line the collar and mold to the shape of your feet, creating a personalized fit. ComforDry™ sockliner offers anti-microbial properties for a drier, healthier environment. Comes in a range of cute colors.
ECCO Sport Biom Walk Leather – Men’s
A breathable, leather walking shoe designed to provide natural walking motion for the fitness to casual walker. Ideal for active walking and hiking adventures. Rubber outsole is equipped for exceptional traction. The latest technology in walking shoes!
Merrell Siren Sport – Women’s
On the pavement or on the trail, Merrell’s renowned comfort walking shoes will keep you balanced and looking good. The anatomical footbed follows the natural contours of the foot to provide secure position from heel to toe for incomparable comfort. Padded air-mesh tongues breathe freely and relieve lace pressure. Vibram® rubber outsoles offer great traction and excellent durability. Goretex lining adds waterproof protection. Dynamic, multi-functional and stylish footwear. Available in 3 cute colors and wide sizes.
Ecco Seawalker – Men’s
Handsome athletic inspired shoes with leather uppers for long-lasting wear. Ecco Seawalker’s are an enduring comfort walking shoe for long days and all terrains – an ideal men’s active travel shoe. Anatomically shaped midsole of natural cork and polyurethane provides the ultimate in fit, support and shock absorption. Super soft insole for added comfort. Slip resistant. Also in Brown Leather and Coffee Nubuck.
Golite Lime Lite – Women’s
The Golite offers a classic sneaker look married with extreme comfort technology. Paw pad sole provides stability and cushioning. These are great everyday walking, trail walking and travel shoes! Available in a range of cute colors.
New Balance MW956 – Men’s
A rugged country walker featuring waterproof, breathable GORETEX® and leather for exploring adventurous environments. New Balance’s top of the line ABZORB foam material in heel and forefoot provides excellent cushioning and compression to keep your feet comfortable all day. A Rollbar® composite plate minimizes rearfoot movement and provides the ultimate in motion control.
Wides sizes available.
Brooks Addiction Walker – Women’s
The Brooks Addiction Walker has topped our best fitness walking shoes lists for several years offering strong support, cushioning and supple full grain leather uppers to keep your feet comfortable and healthy. The HydroFlow® cushioning system absorbs shock, provides stability and returns energy back to the foot, stride after stride. High-density carbon rubber in the heel adds increased traction and durability. Available Colors: Black, White, Brown. Also in wide sizes.
Patagonia Drifter A/C GoreTex – Men’s
One of the world’s top-rated trail shoes. Waterproof and breathable, these high tech comfort shoes are ideal for all walking environments. Air Cushion Plus inner provides shock absorption. Vibram rubber soles provide excellent grip and traction. Long-lasting, durable comfort walking shoes made with renowned Patagonia workmanship.
|Walk a Mile in Comfort and Style!
Top Ten Comfortable Walking Shoes, Best Walking Shoes Guide
Copyright © 2005-2015 Most Comfortable Shoes Guide
Most Comfortable Walking Shoes Guide
The best walking shoes should have some or all of the following characteristics:
1. Comfortable walking shoes should have a firm heel counter, which cradles the heel, helps strengthen the heel cup and keeps your foot in place to help control your walking gait.
2. The best walking shoes have a wide toe box to accommodate toes without pinching or friction. People with toe problems like bunions or hammertoes will especially appreciate this feature, seen only in the most comfortable shoes.
3. The most comfortable walking shoes have a removable inner sole. You can take out the insole to allow extra room or to accomodate custom orthotics.
4. The best and most comfortable walking shoes are often adjustable, with closures made of Velcro or ties that can easily be made tighter or looser to accommodate changes in your feet (like natural swelling).
5. The most comfortable walking shoes have a padded collar and tongue to help protect sensitive areas of the feet, reduce irritation and secure the fit of your most comfortable shoes.
6. The best and most comfortable walking shoes have a rubber and/or flared outsole to help you remain stable on your feet in any terrain.
7. The best walking shoes have a firm compression EVA midsole and breathable upper to help control foot moisture. sometimes they will have a Goretex lining.
8. The best walking shoes have a polyurethane rocker sole to help reduce ball-of-foot pain and absorb the foot shock that comes with each step.
All of these features ensure that you have an experience of comfort and support when you are following a walking or exercise routine – for all these features and more you have come to the right place, the Most Comfortable Walking Shoes Guide.